This text is from an old webpage Kevin had up at the turn of the century:
A Jupiter 6 came in for service with several voices inoperative.
Upon inspection, I observed that the sound was altered as I pushed down on the second voice board.
So… I removed the board and this is what I found:
Inspection of these pliers revealed they were Japanese made.
The handles were plastic coated, so they didn’t cause problems at first.
But the IC leads of the board above eventually protruded and shorted into the metal.
The screw-lock glue was unbroken before the board was removed, so the pliers were there from time of manufacturer and likely belonged to a Roland assembler.